Monday, March 5, 2012

MONDAY = Moving Forward!

Hello my incredible friends, family, and strangers who read my blogs and now count me friend! Today is Monday, aka "Moving Forward" and it's time to release the country from my World Race for the week . . .




From what I have studied . . . To know Malaysia is to love Malaysia. A bubbling, bustling melting pot of races and religions where Malays, Indians, Chinese and many other ethnic groups live together!

As a people, Malaysians are very laid back, warm and friendly.





Geographically, Malaysia is as diverse as its culture.Malaysia is divided into 13 states and 3 Federal Territories.

One of Malaysia's key attractions is its extreme contrasts. Towering skyscrapers look down upon wooden houses built on stilts, and five-star hotels sit several meters away from ancient reefs!









Now I will share with you my heart for Malaysia . . .

I chose July Route 3 because of Malaysia . . .my heart aches for Malaysia and is indescribably ready to love it's beautiful and diverse people! My excitement over my plans to walk the Malaysian streets is undeniably bold and I honestly have no other reason than that GOD, Himself, must have placed
this enthusiasm in my heart. I have never studied Malaysia before and have no background of stories there.

Speaking of
stories
. . .I have none.

I have searched high and low for great stories from Malaysia . . .stories that will touch your heart and want to help you in deciding to help me get there (Through both prayer and financial support) but not one story, or picture representing a known story, did I find that intrigued me enough to post it here for all to read/see. Therefore, I
ask
you to support me in my race, that I might tell the Malaysians' stories . . .I can't wait to post one this coming year!

Malaysia is last on my list of countries I will visit but my hope is that I will reach its' shores as one of my very first World Race destinations! From what I have read, the biggest stories have come from the refugees that have
fled to Malaysia to escape persecution from their varied homeland governments. Maybe this very thing will be a part of the story I get
to tell.

Please pray for Malaysia . . .this week specifically! And if your heart so desires,
send a financial contribution to my AIM account. All you have to do is click "DONATE" (under the "world race" tab at the top of this blog). It's that easy and could make a world of difference. You may also visit my official WR blog and click "DO SOMETHING" under my pic! Much love to each of my readers! See ya Wednesday for "Mid-week Mission!"

Here are a few more pictures of this BEAUTIFUL land and the stories there:












No comments:

Post a Comment