Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Hold your horse..."



"I hope in God, I pray on, and look yet for the answer. They are not converted yet, but they will be."
-George Muller

"The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless."
-Billy Graham

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
-Augustine



Today I post based solely on my inability to think in my present world. That I would embrace today has been my fervent prayer these last few days as I have been fundraising for the World Race. The focus of my heart has been on the nations, the world, and the unreached. The heartbeat that has become mine, beats tribal sounds and only visions of lonely chirping creatures under a starry sky display correctly the place I long to be.


It's almost like I have gone. I'm not ready yet . . .clearly.


God is definitely saying, "Hold your horses little lady." Which the fact that God sounds like John Wayne in my head is quite funny as it is! Southern draw or not (that's a joke!), I know He is being ever so clear with my conscience. Not yet. It's not QUITE time.

5 months.

In 5 months I will long for Park Place Apartments in Pensacola, FL and for my mother to arrive home in her white nursing uniform, proudly declaring her detestable hospital stories that she finds so very interesting to share! (Yuck!)

In 5 months I will no longer look at the back of Malli's head (This is how I most often view her since homework at the desk takes up 90% of her time now that she is in private school).

In 5 months the Lord will bring to mind everyone and thing that I have cherished so dear and even found annoyance in while living out my American dream these last 27 years.

Today though, there are only these words, "go & do something."

With that said, His patience I need. I want to go now! To DO SOMETHING now! Haha! Here's the irony, I can. I can embrace today . . .as I go. He's placed me in it for a reason! My jobs, my family, my friends near and far, the strangers at my workout class and the many people that are in need of God's love everyday (Aware or unaware of its' power), are reason enough for God to poke me and get me to focus in. Here. Now.

Tomorrow is coming but today is here.

'One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent."'
-Acts 18:9



(How have you or haven't you been embracing today and where God has you? Do you have a story about this very thing? Share below as a comment! You never know how your story my touch someone else in a special way!)



No comments:

Post a Comment